The HCCVB’s blog, All Access Hendricks County, has provided tourism-related insider information about the county since the site launched at www.TourHendricksCounty.com/Blog on Nov. 1. After a successful first few months, the HCCVB decided to expand the blog to include paid contributors who will be known as Digital Destination Experts.
“We received 35 applications from a number of talented writers,” said Josh Duke, communications manager for the HCCVB. “It was tough to narrow it down to just six, but we are pleased with our team and what each individual brings to provide an insider perspective for potential visitors to Hendricks County.”
The new Digitial Destination Experts include:
· Aimee MacArthur — The only non-Hendricks County resident on the team, Aimee brings a visitor’s perspective that mirrors the blog’s target audience. A longtime resident of Carmel, Aimée moved to Indianapolis’ northwest side a year ago and created Indianapolis Amy, her own lifestyle/photography blog.
· Amanda Miller — A Brownsburg resident, Amanda will bring her love for photography and Hendricks County to focus on arts and culture and girlfriend getaways as a Digital Destination Expert. She also hosts her own blog at sightsalad.blogspot.com.
· Elaine Whitesides — A former elementary school teacher, Elaine moved to Hendricks County about three years ago and fell in love with the area. Since arriving, she has written for the Hendricks County ICON and Business Leader before starting her own writing business last year called Whitesides Words.
· Eric Ivie — Eric owns his own writing company, Red Zone Writing, which he runs out of his home in Danville. He is a featured contributor publishing hundreds of articles on Yahoo! Sports. He will cover motorsports and bring his perspective of being a dad to All Access Hendricks County.
· Ericka Bethel — A longtime Hendricks County resident, Ericka works for Indiana University Health West Hospital in Marketing and Communications. As a young mom who is active in the community, she will bring that insider perspective to scout out budget-friendly, family activities within Hendricks County.
· Jennifer Donovan — Jennifer currently serves as the Community Affairs Producer at WTHR, and writes her own blog about family activities in Central Indiana called FamilyFunIndy.com. The Avon resident also is a mom and wife and plans to share those family experiences as a Digital Destination Expert.
The All Access Hendricks County blog as part of TourHendricksCounty.com provides real-time, first-person storytelling to complement the HCCVB’s mission to promote Hendricks County and all its unique and affordable activities. Fresh content is posted regularly. Residents and visitors can subscribe for free at www.TourHendricksCounty.com/Blog to get alerts when new insider content is posted.
The Hendricks County Tourism Commission d/b/a the Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau attracts visitors to the county by promoting and developing tourism, which stimulates economic growth and enhances quality of life. Find us on Facebook by searching Hendricks County Convention and Visitors Bureau and become a fan for updates and reminders, contest info and much more. You can also follow us on Twitter @FastTracktoFun or get updates by following or subscribing to our tourism blog at TourHendricksCounty.com/blog. For more information, visit our website at TourHendricksCounty.com or call (317) 718-8750.